Saturday, June 21, 2008

Swim Break Through

On Friday, before heading to Surfside for the weekend, I put in a quick swim, and had the best swim yet. I felt great, and worked through some of my breathing issues. I swam well over 800m total and swam easily for 200m in 2 different stretches. I feel the stroke coming together. Learning to rotate more in the freestyle, and breath, while perpendicular in the water has been the missing key. I'm note perfect, but this is the big difference I've been waiting for. I felt comfortable, and easy for the first time since starting this Tri thing months ago. Stinks tis happens a day before the Tri the Midlands Race, which I wanted to compete in, but oh well. I expect to soon cross my next goal off the list soon.

Also, when I got to Surfside, I ran a tad. I ran for about 20 minutes at a hard pace. I ran as hard as I could go for 2 intervals, and easily ran around an 8 minute pace maybe even less. I was worn out, and did not do a 3rd inteval as I was thinking. Swimming really took a lot more out of me than I realized. My legs felt heavy.

No Stats to report.

Next Goal: Swim 500m (Soon to be acheived! I Hope.)

Current Status: 'Spitz' like

Upcoming: Moring Run at the Beach

No comments: