Sunday, June 1, 2008

New Running Plan

I've decided to change up my runs. Lately, I have been searching for something new to push me to higher running levels, and I want to cut down on running related injuries, specifically the left shin.

I plan to split my runs into 3 categories and rotate between them weekly. That's 3 runs a week at 3 different paces. I will run early week at full bore, mid week at regular pace, and late week for endurance.

Tonight I started by running 2 intervals (fartleks) at 8 minuntes each. I believe I ran around a mile for each section, and split the runs with 3 minutes of walking.

I was really winded running, and thought I could do better. Maybe the big ride yesterday is still affecting me? I could feel the muscles groups yearning for rest. My back was as rigid as two steel I-beams. My breathing was eratic. I made it through and even finished on a big climb. Almost hurled for the first time ever running!

My left knee has felt great all day. My left toe is perfect. My right to is back to normal. And I aonly had a slight twinge in the left shin post run. I'm icing it and repeated streching it.

Stats:
Run Time: 18:33
Zone Time: 5:01 (Mostly Above!)
Distance ~2.25 miles
Pace: ~8 min. /miles
Avg HR: 158 bpm
Max HR: 171 bpm
Cals. Burned: 283

Next Goal: 500m Swim

Current Status: Ready for Rest

Upcoming: 5th Grade Recognition Night & Neighborhood Meeting means plenty of rest

No comments: