Saturday, June 7, 2008

Don't Worry, Drink a Homebrew

Took Joe for his 1st swim lesson this morning. He was great, even though he was cold. Bobby and I went in the pool too, and he showed off swim new skills. He can swim about 10-15 feet now!
Here's a pic of Joey refusing to blow bubbles. (Which he does all the time in the tub!)

I meant to swim and lift, but errands filled up the time. J Crew came over for dinner, and we cooked burgers. It was great to have his family over. He helped true a wheel for me, using his MacGyver skills! We also checked out my ol' road bike that I had redone. I plan to start road riding now. I bought the bike used when I was in high school. It's a Miyata 112 twelve speed with a Chro-Moly frame, with shifters on the frame. Old School! Built around 1988 or so.

Finished the night off with a cold bath with the boys, and drank a homebrew. My first in about six months! I've been avoiding the brews, because of calories, but I could not resist on such a sweltering summer night. It seemed the perfect ending to a great day. I forgot how great a true malt beer is. Especially, a hand crafted, aged brew made by yours truly! The hops, malt, wheat, yeast were perfeclty blended.

I missed my workout, but spending a day with family and friends is definetly more worthwhile than being a slave to training. I'll just make up for it later.

Next Goal: Swim 500m

Current Status: Buzzed

Upcoming: Swim or run, I may even ride the road bike to the Y for extra work

No comments: