Thursday, June 19, 2008

Spin; No Swim

Got in a spin class, but the pool was closed for a swim meet.

Spin class was just okay. I did not get my HR up as high as I wanted, but I felt the climbs in my legs. I am probably still feeling the workout from yesterday, so I was not too disappointed. The class was not as long as its been lately either.

On another note, I have been trying a new post workout drink that I found in a book about triathlons. I had one yesterday and today, and it tastes great. Time will tell on the value it adds, but I felt good all day considering the "Brick" I did.

Here's the recipe:
6 oz oj
2 oz milk
handful frozen strawberries
2 handfuls ice
2 tbl Egg Protien
1 pinch salt
Add 1 tbl sugar for workouts over an hour
Blend

Stats:
Spin Time: 48:55
Zone Time: 42:38
Avg HR: 135
Max HR: 155
Cals Burned: 567

Next Goal: Swim 500m

Current Status: Feeling Good

Upcoming: Swim and Fast Run

No comments: