Monday, June 9, 2008

A Hard Day's Night

First off, I actually rode my bike to work today. Okay, it was only 3 miles round trip and back, since I'm taking a writting class at Bookman Elementary, which is just down the road, but still, I actually commuted by bike. Also, I got some awefully strange looks when I arrived by some ladies running the front desk of the school. They were shocked that someone would ride a bike instead of taking a car.

Next, I hit the Y tonight for a workout. I cancelled the swim, since my shoulder is not yet 100 percent. I did do some strength training. It's been about 2 weeks, since I've done any, and boy did I feel a differnce. All my reps and weights were down, and I struggled the whole way through. This could be combined with heat and hard work I put in yesterday, but I'm not sure.

I also rode the bike trainer for 45 minutes tonight to cap off the training for the day. I really had a hard time there as well. Sweat poured off me more than I have ever seen. I felt bad as I watched a pool of salty perspiration collect under my bike. Steady streams ran down my arms, over the handlebars, and off to the floor, not drips, but stream! I hope I didn't gross anyone out. My quads burned a lot more than I'm used to, and I did not get the pace I wanted either.

I just lacked power. My left knee was a tad tight and sore, too, so I'm icing it down tonight. Hopefully this was one of the days that will help me out in the long run.

An important note to recall later:
1) Don't ever wear the short the running shorts to the Y ever again. They seem okay at home, but in the mirrors at the Y, I kinda realized I looked a little too much like Richard Simmons next to the long baggy style every other male was wearing.

Stats:
Bike Time: 45:48
Zone Time: 40:55
Total Distance: 11.5 miles
Avg Speed: 15.33 mph
Avg HR: 131 bpm
Max HR: 147 bpm
Cals Burned: 504

Next Goal: Swim 500m

Current Status: Feeling weaker than I did this morning

Upcoming: Spin Class and Swim night

No comments: