Tuesday, June 3, 2008

More Interuptions...

Thwarted again on the Ol' Commute. I forgot I was supposed to bring cake for a teammate's B-Day Party Today. So, seeing as how I can't ride carrying cake, I had to call off the ride to work again. Tomorrow's off too, since I have to make an extra trip to get Bobby to swim lessons in the morning.

Spin class was good, and I swam after for the double duty Spin & Swim as intended.

Some great music tonight really got me in the mood, even though I still feel tight and sore from Saturday's ride. My legs seem stronger a bit, but it does not last for long. However, I ot through the whole class.

I have never mentioned it before, but strangely, I have a small white square about 1in by 1 in that sits above and left of the instructor. It's become a habit to stare at it while riding. I zone out easy, and get my mind off the pain I'm inflicting on my leg muscles. If I get my form correct, and tune out, the square actually helps me crank up to higher levels. I know this may seem strange, but still I do it every class without thinking about it. It's there, and it just happens.

The swim tonight was not as good. Lots of people in the pool. School's out! You can tell by the new faces in the pool tonight. My circle swim lane was clogged with a group of people that seemed to think the pull buoys and water aerobics equipment is there for them to float on, while blocking others from swimming in a straight line.

I was not as motivated, and I had trouble with form again tonight. I just can;t get the hang of breathing. Someone suggested looking into a program called Imersion Swimming. I checkied it out on the web, and he said he'll send my a copy of the DVD's to preview. I've got to try something. I just have not made much progress.

Bike Stats: (These are estimates. My HR monitor did not store my data for some reason)
Total Time: ~1:00
Zone Time: ~:50
Avg HR: 134 bpm
Max HR: 155 bpm
Cals. Burned: 775

Next Goal: Swim 500m

Current Status: Annoyed!

Upcoming: Bike Harbison

2 comments:

emily said...

I have just come aboard your blog. Are you training for a triathalon? That is on my bucket list...

Training Tim said...

Yes, I am

I plan to go in October for the first time.

My big issue currently is the swim!