Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Hot...Hot...Hot

Met J Squared (Jim & Jason) at Harbison today. Rode Lost Creek Trail and that's about all I could stand. I have no idea how J Squared kept riding while I headed back to the parking lot. The heat killed me, and leaving when I did was good call. As I sat in my car pulling out of the forest, my stomache started cramping hard. Most likely a start of dehydration.

I drank all the fluid I brought, which included a full CamelBak, and a bottle to boot, and still did not have enough. That's as much as I had when riding FATS last Saturday! Sweat poured out of me so fast, I could not have kept up enough fluid and still rode.

Lost Creek was tough. I came off my bike about 4 times, the last time actually counts as a wreck. Twice I shot through turns too fast or off line. Once, I bailed out on a root that threw me off balance. The last time I ended colliding with a tree as I attempted to shoot down and up a dry creek bed. I needed speed to get through the obstacle, but lost control.
Here's a pic of my awful injury:

Not as much as I wanted to ride, but I felt fairly good on Lost Creek, when I was not falling. I did not loose sight of folks as much, and I don't believe they had to wait too long either.

Stats:
Total Time: 1:26
Ride Time: 1:14
Zone Time: 0:45
Trip Distance: 11.69 miles
Avg. Speed: 9.46 mph
Max Speed: 22:15 (On a gravel rode warming up!)
Avg. HR: 151 bpm
Max HR: 169 bpm
Cals. Burned: 1022

Next Goal: Swim 550m

Current Status: Glad I have A/C

Upcoming: Run or Spin Class with a swim

1 comment:

Jim said...

Good riding with ya again. Unfortunately I think the dog days of summer are upon us. Adam ran out of hydration on spider woman - its getting hot!