Friday, June 6, 2008

Sharing the Trail and a Medium Run

Amy's sister Katy came into town tonight with her new mountain bike, and we both took a spin through Sesqui. She was not up to the whole trail, so we cut it off short. We rode around 6 miles. It was different being the fastest one in the group. I just hope I was as good a guide as others have been for my slow self. I think Katy enjoyed it, and I hope she keeps riding. She had ridden on the rode earlier that day, and thought 6 miles would be as easy. I think she was shocked how different 6 miles on a trail actually is.

When I got home, I put together a run. My plan was to do a medium pace workout in two intervals. I wanted to put down some miles. I wanted to do about a 5K today.

The heat was still oppressive even though I ran at 9pm. I went shirtless after only two minutes of jogging. Rivers of perspiration bounced off my arms, back, nose, and even my knees (weird??). I felt great in the pace I set. I did not feel as jagged as I did when I ran full out earlier this week. It was nice knowing I could go up a gear if I needed. I believe I have recovered from Wednesday's Harbison Ride. However, my abs were very sore from slamming my handlebars on one of the many wrecks. I could really feel them tighten on the second interval of my run.

My left shin is still not 100 percent. I keep icing and stretching it as much as possible. If it does not get better soon, I will see the doctor. It may be a stress fracture.

I ran two 1.5 mile intervals at about a 9:30 mile/minute pace.


Two items of note:

1. When you stop running at night in the summer heat, bugs will find you, and dive bomb you!


2. I came up with a joke:

It's so hot today...

I ran into a sprinkler to dry off! (Okay, I know... It stinks... But I made this up while running!)


Stats:
Run Time: 33:33
Zone Time: 30:59
Run Distance: 3.25 miles
Avg. HR: 148 bpm
Max HR: 161 bpm
Cals. Burned Running: 453
Total Cals. Burned:about 800


Next Goal: Swim 500m

Current Status: Enjoying an Ice Cream Sandwich

Upcoming: Weights and a Swim/ & Cook Burgers for the J Crew

No comments: