Thursday, May 1, 2008

No Training Today

I had planned on some sort of workout today, but when I came home from teaching, I spent the afternoon with the boys. They rode around the block, while I walked with them. Our routine, now, when Mommy is tutoring.

Bobby did not have a nap, and was exhausted when we came home. I put in a movie, and while they sat on the couch with me, we all took a nap until Mommy came home. Having them cuddle on the couch with me is just about the greatest feeling in the world. I'd skip a workout anyday for that.

Winding down from the hectic day of teaching 11 year olds in the spring, I realized how tired I was from the week, and just could not get the energy to make it up to the Y. I've had a busy week. I just hope that not running at all this week does not hurt me in the 5k on Saturday. I will ride tomorrow as Sesqui in the PM to make up for today. I'm excited about testing the S-Caliber on familiar territory.

Next Goal: 5k on Saturday under 29 minutes

Current Status: Wishing I hadn't eaten the gravy with my "Brinner" biscuits at Cracker Barrell

Upcoming: Ride Sesqui on my day away from school!

No comments: