Sunday, May 11, 2008

On the DL

Okay, I had all the intentions of fitting in a run tonight despite the gail force winds, but around 1 pm this afternoon I started feeling a shooting pain in my left big toe. I ignored the pain at first, but soon I started to feel some swelling, and ended up taking my shoe off so I could walk without pain.

Mind you, this is not associated with any of the exercises or workouts that I have been doing, so I'm at a total loss for what's going on. The pain increased for a while, and now my toe is much larger than it should be. Since, I cannot walk without stumbling, as I attempt to keep my toe off the ground, I decided to call off the run and take another rest day.

At this point, I figure the toe is a result of one of three things: 1) I hurt it while working bare foot yesterday with the pressure washer. 2) The old shoes I wore today, becuse my good ones are soaked from the pressure washing damaged my tissue, or 3) I have the gout. yeah, the gout?

My wife's mother figures I have the gout. I keep repeating this, because I just can;t believe it. I thought only old, fat people got the gout. If the pain does not go away tomorrow, I will visit my GP.

Anyways, I am officially on the injured list. This stinks!

Next Goal: Swim 500m

Current Status: Embarassed, bummed, and limping

Upcoming: TBA

No comments: