Friday, May 9, 2008

Back in the Saddle, Again!

Took Amy and the Boys to Sesqui with me tonight. I rode a lap around the bike trail while Amy watched the boys on the playground. I love the new bike. I had a blast spinning around the trail.

My legs were a little tight to start, and held back for the first mile or so, but I got into a good groove later on down the line. I am working on my turning. Staying off the brakes is hard, especially with a six inch layer of sand covering the whole trail. I want to get more smooth in my riding style and not so start and stop choppy, but Sesqui just doesn't accomodate that technique.

After the first lap, I rode back to Amy and the Boys, and hung out for a bit. Amy's parents showed up and met us with their bikes. They rode the jogging trail loop and when they came back, Amy and I rode together.

Amy and I rode our bikes a lot before kids, and we haven't done so in many years. Tonight was our first real trail ride together, and I was excited Amy was getting back on her bike. She did a great job, and if not for my techincal advantage, we would have ridden about the same pace. If I got too far ahead, I would stop, and wait. I have to admit, I like the fact that my spouse will get out there with me on the trail. I would rather ride with her than not. Amy seemed to feel bad about "holding me up," but honestly, taking the breaks was always nice. Besides, it made me feel "fast" for the first time in a while. :)

After our ride, Amy said she forgot how much she enjoyed riding, so I hope we start doing this some more.

Next Goal: Swim 500m

Current Status: Proud of my "Biker" wife

Upcoming: Most likely a night run

No comments: