Monday, May 26, 2008

Surfside 4 Miler

Ran at the beach again this morning. I planned to run yesterday, but things got busy, and I was only able to fit in a few minutes of tennis with Amy, during the boys' nap.

This morning, Amy, Becky and I ran the loop we invented earlier in the week. I decided to stretch the loop out and try to go twice. The complete run was about 4 miles, the most I've run to date.

I wanted to challenge by putting up more miles, since running a 12K is in the plans for the Fall. I definetly felt the effect of added miles. My left shin splint came back, my left toe is sore, and when I finished running I felt worn out from head to toe. This was the first time my upper body was sore afer running.

I think the shin splints are from running twice at the beach with only a day of rest. Lately, I have been cross-training more. The added miles aggravated my shin, too. I plan to cut running out the rest of this week, and I'm looking at altering my run training. I saw some plans that cut down miles in a week, but add sprnts instead.

My left toe is probably strained from walking on the sandy beach yesterday. I recall slipping in the sand, while walking over a dune, and my left toe kept me upright. I felt a twinge, which I believe I aggravated running today. Sad injury story, huh.

Well, I hope my training blog stops becoming an injury blog. Writing about these silly injuries is annoying, but they do hold me bacl from what I want to accomplish.

Here's a map of my run:
View Interactive Map on MapMyRun.com

Next Goal: Swim 5oom

Current Status: Sore Left Toe, Sore Left Shin, Sore Left Knee

Upcoming: Big Field Trip at school to the beach, likely no workout :(

No comments: