Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Birthday Spin

Celebrated my birthday with a spin class tonight!

Yeah, that's right! No fancy dinner or party. I had more fun sweatin' it out in a room full of folks I barely know.

Not much to report, but tonight's spin class was extra difficult. Some triatheletes were in the class tonight, and I think the instructor kicked it up a notch to impress them. Because I'm 35 today, I really pushed hard, and made tonight extra difficult. 

Talked with the instructor after class, and got some good ideas for the pool. She's a great swimmer, and offered some advice. I will adjust my stroke a bit, and use the hand-paddles more.

Ate some cake that Bobby and Joey made for me when I got home. This was very sweet of them, but eating gooey chocolate cake on an empty stomache after burning 900 or so calories in under an hour is not recommended.

Gut Buster!

Next Goal: Swim 500m

Current Status: Intestinally challenged

Upcoming: Swim or run (Depends on Amy's schedule) 


1 comment:

hammernails said...

Happy B-Day a little late is better than never! If you can come out tonight and I will give you a ti hammer to drop at a later date.