Thursday, May 29, 2008

Double the Pleasure

I wanted to try and double up tonight to gain in my efforts to train for a Triathlon.

Started with a Spin Class at the Y, and Wendy, the instructor, had revamped her workout. She added a much faster pace for her 8,4,2's song (Don't ask!). Also, she upped the big climb, and moved it to the end of the workout.

I was tight at first from the riding last night, and I was off my pace for the first 10 minutes, however, after that, my body rebounded for a strong middle and finish. Rode like heck, and could've gone higher, but held off for the second round to follow in the pool. The 8,4,2's song about killed me, and the steep climb at the end was rough as well, but I liked the changes overall.

After the ride, I showered and changed, and off I went to the pool. I swam a 600m workout. Started with 100m of warm up (All Crawl), then paced through 100m of kickboard, right only, left only, and a paddle swim. I finished with 100m of crawl, and timed my laps. I made the swim under 2 minutes, so now I have a benchmark to go by. I felt great in the pool, and finished strong. My shoulders felt great, and my stroke was smooth (for me!). My kick is coming along, but still weak.

I was too nervous to take the HR monitor in the pool, so I only have spin stats. Note: I turned the monitor on as soon as I got on the bike. Pedaled about 5 minutes before starting the class, so avg HR is likely low.

Spin Stats:
Total Time: 1:07:41
Zone Time: 00:40:44
Avg. HR: 134 bpm
Max HR: 172 bpm
Cals.: 771

Next Goal: Swim 500m (Getting closer!)

Current Status: Psyched about the double

Upcoming: Rest Night to get ready for FATS on Saturday

No comments: