Friday, May 16, 2008

Sesqui Ride and Picnic

Headed to Sesqui after work with the Boys and Amy. I made a quick loop around the bike trail, and then caught up with Amy and the Boys at the playground.

The ride was a blast. Rode the first few miles in almost top gear, because I thought I downshifted on an uphill, but evidently forgot. Kept riding and pushing thinking I was in a shorter gear. Went much faster than normal and just thought it was a higher cadence, but when I looked down after 2 miles I was realized I was pushing in my highest front gear. Felt better in the bike, and balanced through turns better than usual. I even sorta did a track stand to make it through some really squelchy sand.

After the ride, Amy, myself, he boys and Amy's Parents cooked some burgers, and had a picnic. The plan was to do a second loop through the park with Amy on her bike, but some rain cancelled the extra ride.

We did a fun group ride instead, and we all rode casually around the joggin trail until it got dark. Lotsa fun even though it was not the biggest workout ever. We saw our first lightning bugs of the year, scared a few dear, and Bobby tore down a bumpy hill at full blast.

Next Goal: Swim 500m

Current Status: One Happy Daddy

Upcoming: Nothing on Saturday (Wedding Dinner for a friend, and I need to clean up the yard, too). Plan to run on Sunday.

No comments: