Friday, May 2, 2008

Sesqui Spins

Took the S-Caliber to Sesqui today. I ended up doing the bike loop twice. I figure that's more than 12 miles today. Sesqui is still very sandy! But, It's close, and I wanted to ride the new bike today. I just hope riding today does not affect my performance tomorrow in the 5k.

The new bike still amazes me. I can't get over how light and comfortable it is to ride. I was actually aiming it at roots and bumps today to feel out the suspension. I was more comfortable with the click shifters than on Wednesday, and tried going into corners faster without touching the breaks. It will take a while to get used to this. Sesqui is so sandy I don't trust the terrain enough to put the bike on a true edge. That's how I broke my collar bone several years ago.

There are only 3 climbs on the trail. 1 technical, and the other 2 slow risers. Nothing like Midland Mountain at Harbison. Anyway, I took all 3 in higher gears than ever before, and could have honestly pushed harder.

Next Goal: Riverfest 5 tomorrow under 29 minutes

Current Status: Pleased about 2 loops

Upcoming: 5K!

No comments: