Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I'm Baaack!

Whoot! I was able to get in a workout tonight for the first time since last weekend.

I got home from work and tutoring, and took the boys in the trailer to the Children's Garden at Clemson Extension Service off Clemson Road. The Boys love it there, and I packed Bobby's Pump Bike in the storage area. He likes riding around the park when we get there. Amy ended up joining us there, after her tutoring gig cancelled, and we all decided to ride around the trails at the park. I stowed Joey in the trailer, and Bobby tagged along on his bike, while Amy and I biked.

I must say I love the trailer we got for our bikes. It's is easy to use, converts to tons of different uses, and even has suspension. It's made by a company called Chariot, and we have the XC model for 2 kids. I highly recommend it for anyone interested in a child carrier system. It's a bit pricey, but worth it. Check out their website if you are interested: http://www.chariotcarriers.com/english/html/index.php

I had a great time watching Bobby lead the way through the trail. He stops to inspect every ant hill, and jabbers on about how much he likes riding the Daddy does. He moves awfully fast considering he has only 1 gear, his feet. He made it over every hill, and sandy spot (which he likes to hit and fall into). We ended up racing to see a train, which passed to quickly, and then I raced Amy home, and lost. Dragging 60+ pounds in the trailer cuts down top speed!

Ended up making it to the Y, too. I got in a good weight training session. Here's a breakdown: Lots of abs stuff, curls, tricep extensions, chest presses, lat pull downs, flies, and some back lifts.

Rode 45 minutes on a bike trainer after that. Set up the XC mode and started spinning away. Pushed it a good bit, becuase I was feeling strong, however, I soon started to crash only 15 to 20 minutes in. Amazing how fast the conditioning level disappears when you don't workout. I struggled to keep going, and beared down, as the Blue Man Group drummed away on my iPod.

Feel great to work up a sweat again. My foot is not 100 percent, but it's getting close. On a side note, I'm still waiting to hear back from the Doc in a Box for the blood test results on my foot. I was supposed to get the info in a day, and it's now 2 days and counting.

Bike Stats: 12 miles in 45 minutes for an avg. of 16 mph

Next Goal: Swim 500m

Current Status: Overjoyed

Upcoming: Rest Day to attend Gamecock Baseball Game

2 comments:

Jason said...

Now that you're back... Stumpjump. Three days and counting.

Jason said...

Or... June 1st in Charlotte.
http://charlottemtnbike.com/RiverfrontClassic/2008RiverfrontInside.pdf

I may race this one too.