Wednesday, August 27, 2008

New Interval Run

I've had a 10k interval program on my iPod for some time now, but felt it was too easy to use. With my knee pain, I decided to give it a shot, thinking it would be I nice way to get some miles in and not aggravate the knee too much.

Well, I was wrong about the program being easy. The on and off plan looked simple on paper, but was not. I will most likely use the program more now. It made me run longer and harder even with the brief period of walking. I drank a bit too much water on one walk interval, and along with dinner, I almost choked up a bit of dinner. Not cool in the Y!

My guess for tonight was about 5 miles and I ran for about an hour. My knee was good the 1st 30 minutes, but started to get sore near the end. Actually, I stopped running with one more interval left, so I still have some work to do to complete the system.

I also put in some weight training. 

Next Goal: 12k in oct

Current Status: Ready for some Football!

Upcoming: Commute Day?

1 comment:

Jason said...

Football was a win... undefeated baby, soak it up... I doubt it will last much longer.

http://thewordnerds.org/ I enjoy this nerdy podcast on slower runs :)