Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Medium Run with some weights

Went to the Y in all the rain today. I thought about waking up early to run this morning and ride this afternoon with a group, but plans changed.

At the Y, I did a medium pace run for about 30 minutes. I pushed around a 9 minute pace with about 4 minutes at 8 1/2 minute pace and 4 minutes at 8 minute pace. The 8 minute pace was tough, and when I finished the run, I noticed my right hamstring was really tight and sore. I may have pushed too hard, but felt good while running. 

I also got in a little work with weights. Not much since I ended up leaving to go to the Gamecocks scrimmage tonight. Amy and I took the Boys to see the Cocks play. Joey absolutely loved it. He spent a lot of time demonstrating for us how the players were smashing. Pow! Pow! Bobby was tired, since he did not nap, and was his chatty self, asking questions about every little detail of the event. Why do they have those orange things, Daddy. Why did he not catch the ball, Daddy? And on and on...

Stats:
Run Distance: 3.5 miles
Time: ~ 30 minutes
Avg HR: 145 bpm
Max HR: 159 bpm
Cals: 437

Next Goal: 12k in Oct

Current Status: Sore right hamstring and left toe

Upcoming: Commute to work, maybe swim and finish weights

3 comments:

Jason said...

Was the scrimmage good? I hope they looked sharper than the spring game.

Jason said...

Good luck on your commute too!

Training Tim said...

Scrimmage stunk. O line was rough. qb's were not sharp

Some rb looked good on several runs. Don't know who he was.

I heard lots of second stringers were in, so maybe that is a better sign.