Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Off and On Work

Getting adjusted to working and training has not been as easy as I'd hoped. Since my last post, I have only been able to commute one time. I took the entire weekend off with children's parties and the museum's celebration, so my workouts have been spotty.

I did manage a nice 5 mile run on Monday night and a nice 1,000m swim tonight. The run felt great, and I did it on the Ol' home course around the lake in my neighborhood. I ran around a 10 minute pace the whole time and worked hard the last 1/2 mile to feel how the legs would do at the end of long run.

The swim tonight was lots of fun. I felt awesome after a long day and night getting ready for school opening. The swim thing is getting to be a favorite way to workout when I' a tad worn out. After the swim a guy talked to me about swimming, and actually asked how I learned to swim so smoothly. Huh!! Me!! I was not sure what he meant. I never think of myself as the smooth swimmer. He must have confused me with someone else.

If I had not forgotten to bring my sneakers, I would have even ridden on a trainer some tonight. Oh well, I will catch up some tomorrow I hope.

Next Goal: 12k in Oct

Current Status: Wishing I had brought shoes

Upcoming: weights and spinning

2 comments:

Jason said...

I'm sure you're no Phelps yet, but with the pool time you've put in I'd bet you're really smooth to the beginning swimmer!

What's your long run milage wise now?

"Go Gamecocks!" That's what we're working on teach Zoe to say by next week. Might as well get excited about it before the season incase it's a train wreck early on :)

Training Tim said...

Long run is up to 5miles. It's not a problem at all. I will stretch it out some soon.

Did I mention the other guy was a non swimmer :)