Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Inconsistent

Since my last post, I have not been on my best. Training and schedules have been hard to mesh. I've had the start of school, a little boy's birthday, and neighborhood junk to deal with. I did absolutely no training over the weekend, and started back up at the start of this week. 

On Monday, I rode my bike to school (4.4 miles) and then got stuck by the rain. Luckily, wife could make it to my rescue. I made a trip to the Y at night for a brisk 5k run. I planned to train at 85% percent max, and could not do it. I felt horrible running, and backed off and walked for a bit several times. My left knee was very sore. I'm not sure what I did to it, but I could feel a fair amount of pressure running. I hope the poor run was due to the break in training, and that I will get the knee better faster.

Tonight, I skipped a ride to work in the rain! Made it to the Y for a spin class and swim. Spin class was so-so. The left knee was still painful. I worked through the class though. I had plenty of endurance, but the knee made it hard to fight through the heavy work. I got in a swim. A highlight of my recent training. I swam 100, 200, 500, 200, 100. Nothing to report unusual, but  have started working some medley swim in the last 100 for a cool down and a change. I swam some backstroke and breaststoke today.

Next Goal: 12k in Oct

Current Status: Bad Left Knee

Upcoming: All depends on the knee

No comments: