Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Adjusting for School

School starts back for me this week, so I must get back to the real world of training with a full time job. I will not be able to just workout whenever I like anymore. As I get back into a work schedule, I will be getting my training routine back to normal as well. I hope to keep up the conditioning even though I will have less time. 

Today was an evening spin class followed with a swim. Amy joined me, too. I think she is getting into the spin classes like I have. Spin class was harder than usual tonight. Lots of climbing and sprint work. Lots of it, and it was harder than usual. On one climb that seemed to last forever, my legs bound up, and I had to back down and sit for a sec. It's been awhile since I have had to quit on a section in class. 

After the spin class, I hit the pool. I swam 50, 100, 200, 200, 100, 50. Not a load of swimming, but I want to keep sharp in the pool, and any work is a bonus. The swim was typical except Amy and the Boys joined me. It was fun as Joey cheered me on swimming my laps. "Go Daddy!!," he would yell every time I touched by where he was floating near my lane. Bobby, by the way, has been working on swimming "Like the Olympics!," he claims. It's hilarious to see him breast stroking as he copies Phelps. Currently, he more flash than speed. 

Swimming after a workout is such a great way to cool down. I really have been tight since sprinting on Saturday, and swimming loosened me up a great deal. I took an extra day from training on Monday, because of the soreness from the Saturday run at the track. My quads were like tight ropes straight down the center, and my right (outside turning) calf was cramped at the bottom. Walking was not fun at all.

Stats:
Spin Time: 49:05
Zone Time: 44:47
Avg HR: 140 bpm
Max HR: 158 bpm 

Swim: 700m (BTW Phelps swam 8300m total yesterday!! He also collected a few medal, too.)

Next Goal: 12k in oct

Current Status: Disgusted by Hardees' commercials

Upcoming: Run and weights or group ride

2 comments:

Jason said...

Welcome back to the real world.

Now I don't have to read about all the midday swims and rides whenever you feel the itch to log a few miles :)

Zoe saw the women's gymnastics on TV and imediately began to imitate them. It was quite funny.

My nephew asked me after my 4 mile Monday run if I thought I'd ever be in the Olympics... I just smiled and told him I doubted. Is there an 8 min mile only track and field division I'm unaware of?

Kids are fun:)

Training Tim said...

Bobby asked Amy why they give the silver and Bronze medals. Amy explained it was for the people who came in 2nd and 3rd. Bobby answered, "Why would they want that!" Seems he believes in the whole 1st and 2nd loser thing.