Tuesday, September 2, 2008

More Long Interval Training

Made another successful commute today! Nice way to start the day, and get home from work without bringing home any of the aggravations. It's only 7.3 miles round trip, but I get some nice hills to work with, and I'm only slightly slower than driving.

Went to the Y for my second long run with the interval training I downloaded. I made through this time, and average running around 10 minute miles. I was just under 6 miles or the whole thing. I can run 45 minutes around 9 minute mile pace, but going 15 more minutes really changes things. I am amazed at how my body struggles when I hit the 45 minute mark. I ran for more than an hour tonight, and hope that by doing this more often I can get more used to running longer distances.

Next Goal: 12k in oct

Current Status: Sore left knee

Upcoming: commute again

No comments: