Friday, July 11, 2008

Last Chance Workout

Today was my final workout before heading to Florence for my first Triathlon. I rode about 25 minutes and covered a tad less than 7 miles. I thought getting on the bike today would be a godd last minute check that the bike is in working order. Everything was okay.

I wanted to keep it light and averaged less than 15 mph. It was hard not pushing for more speed. It killed me to see such a low average speed, but I keep telling myself that I'll have the power tomorrow. I rode out and back to my house down Bookman Road. I thought it'd be a flat course, but when I headed down Cherokee Lane it got extremely hilly. I ended up with more of a hill climb than cruise day.

I'm getting packed up, making sure I have everything I need. Thank goodness I have a checklist from a book I've been reading, otherwise I'd likely freak out about whether or not I have what I need. I have a race meeting tonight at 5 and I want to get my race packet as well later. The race starts at 7:30 and I plan to be there by 6:30. If all goes well I should wrap this thing up tomorrow by about 10:00. My group leaves last so I will likely hit the water by 8:00 if everything goes as planned.

Next Goal: Tri the Pee Dee Tomorrow under 2 hours

Current Status: Hoping the smooothie I made is not poisoning me. (Wierd Taste??)

Upcoming: RACE DAY

1 comment:

Jason said...

Good luck, looking forward to the post race post.