Monday, April 28, 2008

Like Father; Like Son Part II

Today after work, I was going around the block with my sons, while Amy was out tutoring. Bobby was on his pump bike, and I pushed Joey on his Tricycle. We made our way around the lake in our neighborhood.

Bobby enjoyed splashing through the puddles with his feet up, and Joey... well, Joey just loves being on a bike like his brother. He chills. He watches the birds, and occasionally squeels to go one way or another if he's not happy with out direction.

After making it to the top of one of the steeper hills on our route, Bobby turned to me, and took the sleeve of his shirt and wiped the sweat off of his face.

"Look, Daddy, I'm just like you," he said. "This is what you always do."

Then on he went. We both smiled. I am always amazed at the things he observes and learns.

No comments: