Monday, April 28, 2008

Grinding Out Some Spins

Made it to the Y tonight after a PTO Board meeting at my school.

When I arrived after 8 O'Clock, I started my regular workout: stretching, 30 push-ups, 40 crunches (exercise ball style), 40 oblique crunches (with an 8 lb. ball), 40 scissor kicks (with an 8 lb. ball).

Weight training wise, I did 2 sets of 15 reps of: 121 lb. shoulder presses, 88 lb. lat. pull downs, 50 lb. mid rows, 30 lb. single arm dumbell curls, 80 lb. incline chest presses, and 20 lb. bent lat. dumbell raises.

Cardio wise, I stayed away from running, and opted for 45 minutes on the bicycle trainer on cross country mode. I biked up to level 18 for a total of 4 minutes. I spent most of the time over level 10, and finished exactly at 10 pm, when the lights were cutout. I literally closed down the gym. Oddly, I was so focused, I had no idea I was the only one left.

Stats: A tad over 12 miles; A smidgen more than 500 Calories burned.

Next Goal: RiverFest Epilepsy 5k under 29 minutes (5 Days Left)

Current Status: Wishing I could run. Left knee tight on top level on bike trainer. Feelin' Strong otherwise.

Upcoming: Swimming for Tuesday's Workout.

No comments: