Thursday, April 30, 2009

Forced Run Subsides Headache

I have not run or exercise since Sunday. My sinus issue has kept my head spinning, my chest congested, and my energy low. I visited the Doc on Tuesday and went on the Z Pack. It's starting to help. I planned to ride a tad last night, but when I got home from work, my head began to pound and I lost all energy.

Today, I forced myself to run at the Sandhills. The 2 Much Fun 5K is this Saturday, and I wanted to get some work in before the race. I had hoped to work hard the past three weeks to get ready, but that has been a bust.

I started slow with the pounding head, but ran okay, and pushed on the big hill and the long slow finish climb. My chest still feels like there's a brick on it, and I fought for air a good bit. My nose is not as clogged as it has been this week, so there's hope I will feel better by Saturday.

I did not time myself, so there's no data to report. The good news is that post workout, my headache disappeared. It's great to know a bit of hard work opened my head up, and maybe I'm turning the corner on this sinus infection.

No comments: