Sunday, April 19, 2009

Back to Blogging

It's been awhile since I've posted. The past Fall and Winter have been productive at work and in training. I haven't stopped training, but definitely felt burned out with all the postings. With the coming of Spring, and in need of some added pressure to start training harder, I've decided to dust off the training blog.

Since I last posted, I've run in 2 5Ks. I ran the March for Meals at Riverbanks again, but this year trained about 20 students from my school. I focused less on my goals, and took on the challenge of getting some kids interested in running. It was one of the best things I've done in a long time. 

I also ran the St. Patty's Race in 5 Points, and even set a new PR for the 5K. I broke the 26 minute mark. That had been a goal for quite awhile, so it was nice to finally make it.

I've been riding, biking and swimming, but not logging the results. I have not done much the past 2 weeks with Spring Break and a bad cold. I will be running with a group of teachers from my school in the Richland 2 Just for Fun 5k on May 2nd. I don't want to embarass myself, so it's time to get serious.

No comments: