Thursday, April 23, 2009

What's Going On...

Went for a training run at the Sandhills today. A change of plans and an offer from my wife, and I ended up switching to running with Amy on a different series of trails.

We were excited to head out and the first mile was a lot of fun, since we left our usual trail for something new we had spotted. I was a nice section - wooded, rolling, and following a stream. Something happened about 20 minutes in and both of us started really struggling. I was short of breath, and my legs just felt dead. I don't know what it was. Maybe it was the heat, time of day (5 pm right after work), over training, air quality??? Who knows. Maybe it was a combination of all factors. I just don't want to ever feel that again. cutting back on running the past month seems to have caught up with me. I enjoy swimming and biking more, and seem to favor those workouts.

In all, we ran - or walked - about 3 1/2 miles. I stopped checking the time and cals burned and don't really care to worry about it anyways.

No comments: