Monday, May 4, 2009

The Results are in...

I ran the 2 Much Fun 5k for Richland 2 on Saturday, and I was very excited by the results. Despite feeling horrible he past 2 weeks and not training much  I managed a nice time of 26:03. I placed 42nd overall and 5th in age group of 12 runners.

I started the race hard and quickly had my hr over 170, which is high for me. My lungs felt stressed and I coughed a good bit at the start. I ran the race keeping certain people in sight. The first mile was fairly flat and I ran the split in about 8:42. The second mile started downhill and heading into some woods before heading uphill sharply to start the 3rd mile. Heading over the hill was tough, and as I reached the top I looked to start passing the folks in the group ahead of me. I made it past them slowly over the next mile, and then pushed as hard as I could the last stretch to make sure I did not get passed back, which usually happens to me late in races.

I lost track of the 2nd mile split, and felt if I had run a 27 or 28 min. 5k that would be good for the way I'd been feeling. I forgot to stop my watch at the finish, and looked at it later to see a 26:30, which I new was over the exact time. I was shocked. My hr even hit 180 several times during the race and was over 185 at the finish.


No comments: