Monday, May 18, 2009

Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired

I've trying to be more consistent with my workouts, but my body just isn't cooperating. My stomach felt horrible last week and working out was not an option until Thursday. I'm not sure what is was. I laid low for awhile to let things settle.

Thursday: 1 hour - 6.2 miles on the x trainer

Friday: 1 hour 15 min. - 20 miles - Big Easy Road Ride (Slow 15 mph pace. I felt great, and enjoyed being out on the road enjoying the scenery.)

Saturday: 600m swim (Lightning closed pool! How does an indoor pool get closed by weather??) then 25 minutes on treadmill at 10 min/ mi. pace until stomach cramped.

Sunday: Sinus Infection returned!! Again. I haven't felt good on a regular basis since spring break. My personal theory is a combination a snotty 5th graders and poor air quality at school are wreaking havoc on my health.

Monday: Swam 1300m in pool with clogged sinus. Picked up new dose of antibiotics.

Side Note: Watched a documentary on Marathons, and now I plan to start looking at running longer distances. I may consider a 13.1 race by this time next year.

No comments: